It’s a GIRL! Sky Lindsay is born!!

My new daughter has arrived in the world. I named her Sky Lindsay. Yes Lindsay is shocked and very honored I finally named one of my kids after her. She has been very upset I didn’t name Peace after her. She wanted Lindsay Lindsay and I said no, that’s way too much Lindsay Lol

I love the name. She was born very early in the morning on Tuesday, August 6th. Let me tell you how this all happened.

My adoption agency has called me 2 times about 2 different babies. I signed up for another adoption in January of this year. I had just assumed, well, it’s going to be a year or 2 of waiting. I really felt this wasn’t going to be the year it would happen. I wanted a daughter so that’s what I requested. I didn’t care about the race, health issues, any of it. I just wanted a girl to balance out what I have already. Gosh, it feels like ordering a kid I swear Lol That’s one of the perks of adoption though. You can pretty much get what you want. 2 times I wasn’t in a place to have the baby and I also wasn’t very cool with the circumstances that came with either of them. I know that those babies went to other homes and have their life started out. When they called this time I heard all of the information, the young girl was single, the ex-boyfriend already signed off on things and was willing to be a part of an open adoption. He agreed to providing family medical history and be available for genetic testing because that’s my preference. Same for the birth mom. The baby was due this week, if I want this to happen, she’s all mine. It’s a girl.

I said let me call you back in 5 minutes. I gathered up my kids and asked them if they wanted a new baby sister. The boys said yes. Peace has no clue but agreed because the boys agreed. I quickly prayed on it and in my heart it all sounded perfect. I called them back and said Yes, I want her. Where do I go?

She was in southern Illinois, so that makes it waaayyy easier to bring her home. I immediately rented the bus that I’ve used once before and they said they would get me a driver. It makes it much easier for me to pick her up, walk around a little bit, and make her more comfortable on the way home. I called Lindsay and Drew on speakerphone and told them to get ready, we’re doing it again Lol They are both so happy for me and my kids. They both know how much I wanted another girl. Then I called my family and then the nannies. Sarah said I’m packing my clothes right now, I’m going to be there and help.

Sarah does not get enough credit at all. I mean I pay her very well, but that’s not all her worth to me. She is an amazing human being and I love her like she’s my own kid. I mean, she drops everything for me when she can. She is just so sweet and helpful. I started crying out of gratefulness and honestly some relief. I now have help until we move.

I packed up a few days worth of clothes and then went to the baby store to get the basics. The hospital always gives me a baby bag full of things to last a day or so. My adoption agency also gives me a baby bag full of things to last a few days. But I wanted my own stuff. I had nothing. I went into a frenzy shopping spree and got her crib ordered, some clothes, baby things, and the essentials that I need right away and told them to deliver it all ASAP. I knew Sarah would set up the nursery. I mean she’s already done this twice before Lol She’s a pro by now.

Then I hit the grocery store that I know has vegan baby formula. I bought 6 cases of that and 6 cases of diapers and wipes and some extra bottles. I had the things I needed. I got back home and Lindsay had relieved my neighbor who came over to watch the kids. She helped me unload everything and pack up my new baby bag (It’s all pink floral) and get myself ready. A few hours went by and the bus arrived. The driver this time is Juan who I know from some other car service I’ve used (Same company) so that was fun. I know he’s a very nice guy and I would enjoy our chat all the way down to get my daughter and back home. I told him we will be gone a week or a little more because she was due but I have no idea when she would be born and he said he packed for a week which is perfect. Then I got a call from my adoption attorney who said she had all of the paperwork ready for me to sign and to take with me. I told her to meet me somewhere I would grab it on the way out of town. She gave me the name of my social worker at the hospital that would be helping me. The adoption agency has always handled that part because I have no idea how to do anything. I’m usually in baby fog and have no working brain cells from shock and happiness. I called my lawyer and told him what was happening. I have to give him a copy of all of the paperwork before I sign it so he knows what I am signing. Every state is different and every type of adoption is different. I’m all ready to go. I kissed the kids goodbye and then got on the bus. Lindsay said she would stay home to watch my kids and get the house ready. I knew Drew said his wife would be flying out that night to come help too. Her favorite part is helping with the nursery and holding the new baby Lol She loves it so much. I have to pry my child from her arms some times because she just loves babies so much. Drew said he would fly out Friday night with his kids to come visit and meet his new niece.

It took about 4 hours to get there. I checked into a hotel with Juan first. We got rooms right next to each other that way I can have his help if I needed anything. Super nice guy, I will do a Yelp review and give him a big shoutout later for the company he works for. He made me laugh and kept being very encouraging. He has kids so he knows the feelings. We went to get food and then I ate and called the hospital. They said I could meet up with them in the morning, be there around 10am to start filling out my half of the paperwork.

The birth mom went into labor that day but the hospital sent her home because she was much too early to come in. I didn’t even know about that part until I got there for the real birth. I went to bed praying it would be soon and just wanted both of them to be healthy and okay. I got a call from the adoption agency very early, maybe 4 hours after I went to bed. They said it’s time, get up to the hospital. I am allowed to see the baby after she is born but not allowed in the room while she’s giving birth. I wouldn’t have wanted to be in there during it anyway to be honest. That’s a little tough situation and I feel the birth mom needs time with the baby if she wants to without me being anywhere in there.

I waited and wait and waited and finally someone came in to tell me she’s here. They said the birth mom said I can come in so I went in and tried to be cool. I completely fell apart as soon as I saw my daughter. I met my new friend, the birth mom and just lost my shi**. I cried, smiled, laughed, I almost threw up, I mean it was all too much Lol I know I embarrassed myself but I didn’t care. I got to take some photos of the baby and I think I kept saying thank you over and over to everyone. They took her away to do somethings so I asked if she wanted me to leave? She said yes but come back later. She was so tired and wanted to talk to her family who was in the room a little while. I went out to the lobby and started making calls, and posting photos to everyone and everywhere. I hadn’t said a word on social media Lol So it caught everyone off guard. Surprise!

It’s all a giant blur, I’m back at the hotel. I’ve been able to feed her, change a few diapers and talk to the birth mom a little. I told her my whole life story plus all about my other adoptions. I told her how my open adoption works with my boys and asked what it is her and her family wanted. She said pictures, videos, and the chance to meet up with her when she’s older. She’s not interested in coming to visit for years, it’s too hard. I asked why she was giving the baby up for adoption? She explained her life and how she didn’t want to get an abortion because she doesn’t believe in it, but she knows this is the best choice for her baby. I tried to reassure her how much I want this child and how much she is already loved. I said I’ve been waiting for her for over 2 years because I’ve always known after Peacey pie, I wanted another daughter. I’ve written that on here a few times I’m sure. We got to know each other and exchanged info so we can keep in touch. She’s a sweet girl, really young, scared, a little lost she said, but she knows this is best. I told her if she did change her mind, which is her legal right for 72 hours I think it is, she can have all the stuff I brought with me. She said no, she had made up her mind months ago and has been prepared for all of this. She has been to therapy to get ready for it and said she will continue in therapy afterwards to help get through it. didn’t even know my adoption agency did that. How cool.

Everything is going fine here. I’m just waiting until tomorrow. I get to take her home! I’m so excited I can’t wait. I love her, I mean I really, really, love her already. She has the sweetest face, lots and lots of brown hair Lol I mean this is it. She’s my last kid. My last baby. I’m done! I have 4 beautiful, healthy kids. My dreams are all coming true. I couldn’t be happier.

I have been posting photos of her and a few that people have taken for me of me holding her. Some of you have those already or saw them on my social media accounts. If not, go check out our Family Facebook page! She’s here!

And on that note, I’m so very sorry to learn of the mass shootings. I have been praying for everyone involved and I did donate money to both city organizations that asked for donations for the families. I don’t know why these things happen but it hurts my heart to see the news and read the articles. Help by donating guys. Those families need money to pay for funerals, hospital bills, all of it. As always, I won’t promote who I think you should donate to, but pick 1 or more and help please. They need us. God bless everyone.

About Samuel

Single dad of 4 beautiful kids, Heston & Alex my twin boys, and my daughters Peace and Sky. Dad of 2 angel babies in Heaven, Ryan and Talon. Divorced. Semi-retired app developer, business partner, Commercial Real estate investor, Chicago Bears & Chicago Cubs fan, vegan, lifelong Catholic, voting independent party member, guitar playing singer who owns a dog, and 2 cats. We live in beautiful Denver, Colorado. I started my first blog Janaury 1st, 2012. Official owner of and @NotBatmanYet Twitter account.
Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply