Home from Paris

What a whirlwind the last few days have been. At noon on Friday I left work and went to pick up my group from the condos. My wife said a tearful goodbye to our first home together. As soon as she’s moved over to Paris my 2 condos are going on the market.  I don’t want or need them anymore. She loved living there. She loved the location but with thing way things are going I don’t want to live downtown in Chicago anymore with our kids. I don’t want to raise our kids there. It was a great location to start out. Right across the street from a hospital. I really liked that part. I can pretty much handle things now and I’m not so worried all of the time.

We will skip the stop in NYC for a few hours because that was a mess and I’m still angry Lol

We got to Paris and it was dark. We had a driver with 2 huge vans pick us up at the airport to get everything and everyone loaded. We had every piece of clothing that Brandi owns, we had our 2 pets and we had all of our luggage for my wife and I. We had a LOT of stuff. In fact one and 1/3 van was just our stuff Lol

Now before we left I took both of our pets down to get all of their things updated and ready to go. It turned out they both were up to date on all shots and microchips and everything. I just needed their paperwork. It took longer get US through inspection than it did the dang dog and cat Lol They just looked at them and said Okay. I was like WTF! I wish it was that easy for me. I got flagged or something and had to be taken to a back area. I guess being this good-looking is dangerous in France Lol Okay that was lame I know but for whatever the reason I got pulled aside. I knew I hadn’t done anything but there’s always that Oh SH*T moment you feel. After about 10 minutes I was able to rejoin my group and my wife asked what happened. I said they told me I’m too good-looking to enter France, she just rolled her eyes so my joke failed.

We got everything through, everyone loaded and headed to our new home! That part was exciting. I had seen the photos and a lot of videos but it’s completely different looking at it all in person.

WOW. Our new home is awesome! I love it. We are 15 minutes outside of Paris. We have a nice sized walled around back yard which I prefered. We live in Asnière sur Seine which is west and north. It has everything we want and need. Great location and it won’t take us long to go do all the things we want to do. Immediately my wife started testing out her French. She has gotten good and I only corrected her a few times. I’m surprised at how well she caught on. Great job! Brand and I are both fluent so that wasn’t hard. We decided to only speak French until we needed to throw out English. My wife wanted us to and I was fine with it. We did the big tour and looked at all of the bedrooms. We let Brandi pick her room. She is on the upstairs in between the kids room. I think that’s awesome because our bedroom is downstairs and there’s a small bedroom across the hall from us that we were thinking of putting Peace and Talon in for now. The other 2 part-time nannies will be on the adjacent sides of the boys’ room.

We did talk about maybe putting them all in one room but my wife said with the babies getting up so often not a good idea. She said maybe when all 3 boys are older they can share a room or something.

We looked at the entire property and my wife kept hugging me. She loves it.


My very pregnant wife, who I love to death, has major attitude right now Lol Making her happy will be short-lived but also welcomed. She did manage to make it a full day before she started getting mad at me again. So I did have a little break from the puffs, huffs, and side eye.

We looked around the area a little before we got to unpacking things. I wanted the ladies to know where the groceries were, where the police station is, our new bank, and where to go shopping at. It’s all very close which I love. We got unpacked, got all of the pet stuff set up and then I took Sam jr for a nice walk. He just wanted to sniff (and pee) all over his new area. The cat hide for the first few hours but Tristian is not a very social cat at first. It takes him a while. We ate, got changed for bed and all decided to at least try to get 5 hours in. I knew we would all be too excited to stay in bed and that’s exactly what happened.

In the morning we had to go to the bank first and make sure our new account was active and ready. I did a wire transfer from home to test that out. I will need to move money both ways so I wanted to make sure we had plenty. Also my wife will be moving this weekend and I made sure she has PLENTY of money and access to more if she needed it. I was happy with how fast they took care of us. We all 3 tested out our new ATM cards and made sure we had some pocket-money on hand for the weekend.

Next stop groceries. I told Brandi buy anything you want for a week. She picked out the things she knew and wanted to try a whole bunch of new things. I picked out 2 things to try also. I’m very happy to report how much vegan selection they have. I do see I will need to order some things from the states but for the most part I’m going to be okay. So are the boys and Peace. We will have plenty to eat. I know it’s really dumb but I did have a fear they wouldn’t have much of a selection. Way to go Paris on that one.

We spent the afternoon buying vehicles. We took the vans back and met up with the rest of the staff. We finally got to meet the security staff. Great guys who I have known for years. I was very happy my wife and Brandi liked them. We had a family meeting and I told them all to keep their f’in hands off of my wife and our staff Lol I meant it. I know these guys and I was not going to put up with any of their crap. From what I can tell they have all changed. Maybe a few bad moments but it seemed like to me they have all matured. I’m very happy to find that out.

We got everything we wanted and got back home. I told my wife just send someone if she didn’t want to go. I know she’s not used to it and I’m not really that used to it but that’s what I’m paying them for. I said be patient with everyone until they figure us out. It’s going to take a while. She said she would try. I said BE NICE. She said STFU Lol

Shelter, food, water, fun. We finally got to look around the next 2 days. My wife wanted to go see the Eiffel tower during the day and at night. We also drove past a lot of things but really didn’t stop in to go look. We had a bunch of other things to check out so I said sorry, maybe later. She was okay with it.

Of all the cool things at the house my wife was most excited to see a Chipolte Lol I couldn’t believe it. I mean I knew the Starbucks being far away would be a major issue but as soon as she saw the Chipolte she made us go in and eat. That helped. I told here there are so many cafes with way better coffee choices and she can’t even have it right now anyway. She said okay with a pout. We will have to figure that out in February Lol

By the time we got up Monday morning and went over to my Paris office to check in it was already time to get ready to go home. Everyone was fine there. They love the new location of the office. They fee safe and that’s all I care about. Business is doing well but not amazing. That’s okay. It’s a small office and they generate profits at least. Not a huge amount but enough to keep the place going and throw money into the savings each month.

We got packed up went for a nice dinner and crashed for a few hours. Our flight was late Monday night with another stop in NYC.

I made sure Brandi had everything she needed. I told her the next time I saw her we would have all of her boxes for her and anything else she requested me to bring over. She said she would take good care of our pets and that she was going to go check things out. I said take security or you won’t be allowed to leave Lol I mean it. Ya’ll have seen the violence over there. It is random and kind of scary at times. She said fine. I gave her some extra cash and told her to stuff it in her bedroom that it was an emergency fund. I told her I would give her more next weekend so not to spend it all by then. She laughed and said I’m not Heather. That’s true Lol She gave us hugs and told us to text her when we got back home.

We made it to NYC and had a nice long wait before my wife was ready to go. I went in and out of the airport 5 times getting her stuff. It would have been 4 but I forgot her snack the 3rd time in and had to go back for a 4th. Then I made the huge mistake in telling her I saw some new Pringles flavor and she made me go back to get them Lol

We finally left, great flight home and boy is it chilly! We (I mean me) got all of Our (Her stuff) off the plane and into the Range. Sarah told us Brandi had called twice and so far no problems talking on Skype or the home phone at the Paris house. I told her to test all of it out. That’s a relief.

We got home and I went right up to see my babies. Everyone was playing upstairs. It was really weird walking into the house without my dog there. The cat tolerates me and I do pet him but my dog is by my side 24/7 at the house. I already miss him Lol I made Brandi send me a video of him.

My boys hugged me and I got a lot of kisses. Peace just smiled and smiled. I gave her tons of hugs and kisses too. My wife and I sorta passed them all around for a while then we snuggled on the couch. I missed my kids so much! I don’t like being away from them. I hope they missed me too. It’s hard to tell with Peace. She’s still at the smiling at everything phase. My boys cried a lot the first few hours. They clung to my legs as I tried to walk a few times. I even had to take a piss with them in there. They wouldn’t let me leave the door closed Lol Oh great. Now they have started that and it sort of makes me shy. I know it’s normal and I know they need to figure it all out so we can get them out of the diapers soon but I still get shy with that.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We did. We are both exhausted and all messed up from Daylight savings and jet lag. I’m going back to bed now. Thankfully my wife gets to stay at home and relax. The movers will be here tomorrow to box up the last of the things they didn’t finish over the weekend. Everything is getting sent out Thursday so that all we need to do Friday morning is get my wife, Sarah and I on the plane and off to NYC to catch our flight to Paris!


About Samuel

Single dad of 4 beautiful kids, Heston & Alex my twin boys, and my daughters Peace and Sky. Dad of 2 angel babies in Heaven, Ryan and Talon. Divorced. Semi-retired app developer, business partner, Commercial Real estate investor, Chicago Bears & Chicago Cubs fan, vegan, lifelong Catholic, voting independent party member, guitar playing singer who owns a dog, and 2 cats. We live in beautiful Denver, Colorado. I started my first blog Janaury 1st, 2012. Official owner of NotBatmanYet.com and @NotBatmanYet Twitter account.
Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply